About the Role
Mechanical engineer you will be responsible for working in a team environment to develop new equipment designs as well as improvements to existing equipment. You will Interact with customers to gather and convey project information and support fabrication and assembly both in house and in the field.
• Proficiency with SolidWorks
• Understanding of machining symbols and usage including GD&T
• Understanding of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
• Ability and willingness for occasional travel
• Basic Microsoft office skills
• Ability to communicate well with customers, team members, management, etc.
• Ability to deal with change and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to conceptualize and design new equipment and components
• Design and test components, systems, and equipment both current and new
• Develop, maintain, and update project documentation including, but not limited to, engineering drawings, equipment manuals, and project notes
• Support Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing and Customer Service
• Design and optimize mechanical parts and assemblies
• Design and carry out tests of mechanical parts and features
• Create, update, troubleshoot, and modify existing pneumatic and hydraulic schematic.
• Manage own tasks and project related tasks while recognizing the relationship between individual work and the project as a whole
• Communicate status and design details
• Responsible for self and keeping on tasks and priorities
• Work closely with Field Service and Design team for project guidance and design.
• Perform design calculations related to tasks assigned.
• Prepare scopes of work, bills of material, specifications, and other necessary project documents
• Maintaining schedules, and being cost efficient
• Minimal travel required, work in the main facility in Columbia, MO on a daily basis
• Salary range is 60 – 70,000 / year depending on level of experience
• 80 hrs. paid time off
• Health Insurance